How to Make the Vision Real
- Broaden our commercial and industrial tax base and bring in new jobs.
- Support first-class public education.
- Protect and nurture our historic fishing industry and our working waterfront.
- Increase our housing options, particularly for families and seniors.
- Foster community involvement through neighborhood councils.
- Encourage and protect our cultural and artistic assets and natural environment.
Gloucester has been my home for forty years. My wife, Catherine, and I raised our family here. I was here for the Blizzard of ’78 and the Blizzards of ’15. I have seen good times and lean times, but I have always believed in the idea that is Gloucester. I hope to lead the city as we meet more challenges and—as we have in the past—create a bright and hopeful future.
My Vision for Gloucester
A place where a child born here can get a first-rate public education, find a good job, raise a family, live in a decent home, and, when the time comes, retire in the community that has always been home.